In Islamic teachings, the Holy Qur’an is the complete book of guidance for Muslims, showing every Muslim the way to become a pious and virtuous person. The Qur’an contains different surahs, which are important according to different occasions and needs. Here is a brief introduction to a few Surahs:
What are the most important Surahs?
- Surah al-Fatiha: This is the first Surah of the Qur’an and is obligatory in every prayer. It is important to praise Allah and seek guidance.
- Surah Al-Baqarah: It is the largest surah and provides important commandments and guidance. It is based on prayer, Zakah, fasting, Hajj, and religious orders.
- Surah Yesin: It is based on the story of Musa (peace be upon him) which shows the mercy and power of Allah.
- Surah Al-Kahf: There is a command to read on Fridays and there are crises on the arrival of Dajjal and preparation for the Hereafter.
- Surah Rahman: It is important to remember Allah’s bounties. In it, there is a discussion about sincerity and the incomparable creations of Allah.
- Surah Yaseen: Famous for meditating on the fates and blessings of the Qur’an. There is a discussion on the realities of death and after death.
- Surah Mulk: Provides information about the hardships of the grave and the Day of Resurrection.
- Surat al-Ra’d: It is important to remember Allah’s power and His faithfulness.
- Surah Al-Nas: This Surah is recited to seek protection and refuge. It is best to avoid conditions and get well.
- Surah Al-Falaq: It is important to protect against the darkness of night and the evil of evil. This Surah is helpful to avoid sudden rains and hidden dangers. Significance:
This Surah of the Holy Quran provides basic instructions for every Muslim that are relevant to every aspect of Islamic life. The surahs given here are meaningful and worth learning for every Muslim, they are also recited in prayers